Thursday, November 10, 2011

CUPCAKES, and MUFFINS, and COOCKIES, OH MY...

Your mission should you choose to accept it is to produce 3 dozen frosted sugar cookies, 30 banana chocolate chip muffins,2 dozen confetti cupcakes, 17 pumpkin rolls, and 2 dozen banana pudding cups. All must be made in one evening and be ready to be presented for sale the next day at 0900 hours. Do you choose to accept this mission?
                                                        YES!!!!

So that is what we did. Marika and I were busy bakers last night as we filled the house with flour, sugar, and all the baking essentials. From 5:30-11:00 pm we baked like there was no tomorrow and the result was a table full of wonderful sweet treats to sell at Marika's office the next day. Tired and covered with flour and frosting I went to bed praying that the Lord would bless our endeavour; moving the hearts of those at her work to partner with us on this journey and sew into the kingdom.







When I woke up this morning all I could think about was how the bake sale was going to go. I wondered if we had made to much or not enough treats. I new that some of Marika's coworkers had pledged to donate home made baked goods, but I wasn't sure if we could count on these items to boost the spread of things we had already made. I know that God is capable of miracles, as I have seen them done time and time again, but for some reason this morning I didn't know how he was going to turn a table full of sweets into enough money for us to turn a profit.

When I got into work today my calender was so full of things to do and be done that I quickly forgot about the bake sale and dove head first into my tasks to be completed. As I was wrapping up my day I realized that the bake sale was well over and so I texted Marika to find out how it went. When I got home she still had not responded so I figured that one of two things happened. 1) The bake sale was a bust and she wasn't in a good mood to talk about it or 2) she was too busy to text me back at the time. I was praying for the 2nd option.

Later in the evening Marika came home and I asked her how the sale went. She told me she wanted it to be a surprise, but that she thought it went very well. And well in deed it did; after we counted up all the sales and donations the total came to $1,148.30!!!! Hallelujah God is good!!! We are now close to 1/3 of the way there and I have found myself, yet again, amazed at how my heavenly father's blessings continue to fall on us and this trip.

26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
                                                                                                                       Matthew 19:26

What an amazing reminder of how my outlook on the things of life seem when I glance at them through my own eyes, but when I look through the eyes of the creator and king of heaven and earth the impossible becomes possible and blessings abound.

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
                                                                                                                            Romans 8:28
How true these words are!

Racing towards him,
Olivia

Prayer List
  • Continued provision of funds for this trip. We need $4,000 by December (in order to purchase our plane tickets) and $2,000 by January.
  • The softening of hearts for the people that we are going to meet every step of this trip.
  • The Lord's favor on flight prices and logistical details.
  • Unity amongst our team from church and with the medical team that we are going to be partnering with.

No comments:

Post a Comment