Monday, November 28, 2011

Giving Thanks

Happy (late) Thanksgiving!!!!!  I hope that everyone had a very blessed time with friends and family, I know I did. God has been so good and faithful to me throughout the past few months that I feel like all I can do is tell him how thankful I am.

A few weeks ago another family that is going on the Africa trip with us approached me and asked if I wanted to help and take part in a plate lunch sale at the church. I said yes and we began on the journey that is putting together food for the masses. After weeks of planning (actually more like1) the day had finally com:e and early Sunday before last I woke up and made my way over to the church (by early I mean the crack of 8:30 am). The kitchen was alive and hopping with people from one of the life groups at church who had wanted to give us a hand.






Beans were going, rice was cooking, and tortillas were being filled with cheesy goodness. After doing a thorough inspection of the kitchen, and by that I mean tasting everything, I headed outside to help setup the tables and the area that we would be selling our yummy food.

With desserts set out and to go plates piled onto the table we waited outside for service to finish and the congregation to come and eat.






Now I feel like I should interject right here and say that even though a week ago I said yes to participate and be a part of this fundraiser, I was nervous and terrified of the thought of such a big production. What if we made too much food and didn't sell it all? What if we didn't have enough food? What if the food doesn't taste well or cook all the way?Did I make enough dessert and so on and so forth. I was a mess leading up to the event, so as we waited those last few minutes for our pastor to release everyone I literally had no I idea what to expect.

Finally the side door opened and people came pouring out. Plates started flying off the table, and it was all we could do to keep placing them up there. Finally after both services were finished and we had packed it all in did we sit down to count the total.

Friends, I feel to compelled to tell you that whenever God calls you to a task not are you only fully equipped to handle said task due to his calling, but he will provide you with EVERYTHING you need in order to accomplish his goal. I forgot that, and in forgetting I chose not to rely on the one person who has never let me down. Please remember that.

After a few checks and rechecks (anyone who knows me knows that I am horrible at math) the final total came to $3,000!!!!!! After we divided it evenly Marika and I had earned $1,000!!!! This amount along with a few extra donations puts us just a little under 2/3 of the way there. Thank you to all who keep praying for us and donating. It means more to me than I will ever be able to say.  This journey isn't just about Marika and I going to Africa, but its about the body of Christ coming together and sewing into the kingdom.



Racing Towards Him,
Olivia

Prayer List:
  • Funding!! We are 2/3 of the way there and are believing that the Lord will provide.
  • Team Unity. The lunch sale was an amazing opportunity for us to work together and start building those bonds. Please pray that the Lord would begin to sew chords of unity amongst not only our group from Crossbridge, but with the medical team that we will be pairing with.
  • Devinne appointment. Nothing happens by chance so please pray for the people that we will be interacting with on our trip. From the ticket taker at the airport to women cooking our food, please pray for God's love and word to fall on soft and hungry hearts.

1 comment:

  1. Yea yea yea!!! How exciting Olivia!!! I am continuing to pray for you and your roommate as you make this journey. Keep updating! God is good!

    ReplyDelete